Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful!

This morning I went to MOPS at church and was reminded of how thankful I am for my sweet baby girl. The speaker today was a woman who went through a lot of hardship along her journey in hopes of being a mother. She lost a baby, and then struggled with years of fertility problems and described her life as being in such a dark place. After reaching rock bottom she said that she had come to the point of fully surrendering her dream of being a mom to the Lord and that she would love and serve Him no matter what...baby or no baby! A month after she had given this burden over to Jesus she found out she was pregnant! Such a great picture of God's faithfulness and such an awesome reminder of how much He loves us and knows what we need when we need it most. Whenever I hear stories like this I am overwhelmed with thankfulness in how quickly we got pregnant with Micah. I pray not a day goes by in which I forget to thank the sweet Lord for lavishing His incredible blessings on my family. What a sweet, sweet joy you are Micah Leigh! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment